Town Clerk: Services (motor vehicles, dog licenses, vital records, marriage licenses, boat renewals)

All services are welcome at the Town Clerk’s Office during regular business hours.  For the best service and fastest reply, please email any questions to  You may also call us at 603-483-5573.


Service Matrix



This service is available in-person and online.

  • Click on the car icon and follow the instructions OR
  • Bring a copy of the registration along with a check to Town of Candia OR
  • Mail a copy of the registration to be renewed along with a check to Town of Candia to 74 High Street, Candia NH 03034.
  • New residents moving from another NH Town: This service is available in-person only.  Please bring your current registration, ID and proof of residency (DSMV Form 634a).   

Online Service: Request your registration renewal, replacement decals, duplicate registration or obtain a registration estimate.

Motor Vehicle Registration

E-Reg -
Motor Vehicles



This service is available in-person. 

Vehicles year 2000 and newer & Trailers over 3,000 lbs gross weight (trailer plus load)

*If purchased from a NH dealer*

  1. Please bring in your title application and photo ID.  If transferring plates, bring the current registration you wish to transfer.
  2. New in state residents: The above paperwork plus proof of residency (Form DSMV 634a).
    (***New residents from out of state residents, please keep reading!)

*If purchased private sale –  Title signed over to you*

  1. All buyers listed on back of title must be present.
  2. Bring in title signed by seller, bill of sale, and photo ID of all listed buyers. Please have the name and address of your lienholder with you, if applicable. If you are transferring plates, bring the current registration you wish to transfer.
  3. New residents moving from within NH, please bring proof of residency (Form DSMV 634a).
    (***If moving from out of State, please keep reading!)

*New residents – out of State*

  1. If you have the title, please bring it. If you have a lienholder so do not have the title in your possession, please bring in your original current registration in lieu of the title
  2. Please bring in the driver’s license of the listed vehicle owner
  3. Be prepared to provide the  following information:
    1. The complete name and address of your lienholder, if applicable.
    2. The name and address of where the vehicle was purchased.
    3. The approximate date the vehicle was purchased.
    4. The current odometer reading.
    5. The color of the vehicle.
    6. The kind of plates you would like (ie: regular number plates, moose plates, etc.). For vanity plates, please download and complete this form and include it with your paperwork: Form RDMV 120.
    7. Proof of residency – a utility bill, or mortgage/rental agreement, or a notarized note from established resident you are residing with if staying with someone else indicating their full name, your full name, and Candia address stating that you are living there. 

All Vehicles older than year 2000 and Trailers under 3,000 lbs gross weight (trailer weight plus load) are not titled nor do they require a title to register

  1. Bring in the previous owner’s registration OR Verification of VIN form completed by the Candia Police Department or qualified inspection station or auto dealer (Form TDMV 19A) OR the title if you have one.
  2. Bring in the photo ID of the listed owner(s).
  3. If you are transferring plates, bring the current registration you wish to transfer.


This service is available in-person and online.

  • Online: Renew online, by computer or smart phone.   
  • By Mail: Mail a check to Town Of Candia, Town Clerk, 74 High St, Candia NH 03034.  Spayed/neutered dogs $6.50, not spayed/neutered $9.00, senior citizen $2.00. Please include proof of age if paying senior rate for the 1st time.

Online registration tip:  Drop proceeding zeros from the tag.  For example, tag 19-00200 input 19-200.  Check your paper license from 2019 for accuracy.

Online Service: Request a license for your new dog or renew your existing license.

Dog Licensing




This service is available in-person and online.

Online Service: Request vital records and certificates.

Vital Record Request

Vital Record



This service is available in-person, by appointment. 

  • Contact us via email or phone to secure an appointment.  Appointments must be within 90 days of the wedding.  The marriage license is valid upon issuance for up to 90 days.
  • Marriage licenses must be done in person. Both parties must be present.
  • Please have a photo IDs, divorce decrees, birth certificates, and/or death certificates, if applicable.


This service is available in-person.

  • For boat renewals, bring in your most recent registration or renewal notice, and your photo ID.
  • For new boats, you must provide the  boat certificate of origin or prior NH owner registration and bill of sale, or verification of vessel ID form, and current state issued photo ID.


  • For your convenience, here is the direct link to our Payment Services.
  • If you pay by credit card, there is a 2.79% convenience fee levied by our credit card processing company.
  • If you register/license/vital request online, there is a $1.50 e-Check fee.  Fees are calculated per transaction, not by number of items you renew on a single transaction.

Department Page

Source: Town Clerk

Category: Town Hall News

+ View All Announcements

Sign Up for Nixle

Receive Candia Police updates instantly. Sign up on Nixle now.


Contact Us

  Phone: 603-483-8101


  Town Directory

  Contact Form

PDF Reader

empty Some files on this site require a PDF reader. Download the latest Adobe Reader.

Sign In