"Growth is inevitable and desirable but destruction of community character is not. The question is not whether your community is going to change, the question is how."
The mission of the Planning Board is to guide the Town through the preparation of Master Plans and Zoning Ordinances, through Subdivision Regulations, Site Plan Reviews, Capital Improvement Plan, and other means in accordance with the laws of the State of New Hampshire.
Members are elected to three-year terms.
Public hearings are noticed in the Hooksett Banner.
What We Do
- Hold hearings to consider applications for Major Subdivisions, Minor Subdivisions, Lot Line Adjustments, Major Site Plan Reviews and Minor Site Plan Reviews.
- Provide informational hearings to persons considering any of the above.
- Draft amendments to the Zoning Ordinance.
- Driveway appeals.
- Work with the Master Plan Committee on developing Town Master Plans.
- Hold public hearings to consider petitions to amend the Zoning Ordinance.
- Hold Scenic Road hearings.
Rules of Procedure