Help Is Available for customers finding it difficult to keep up on energy bills
Posted on Friday, May 28, 2021
Help Is Available for customers finding it difficult to keep up on their energy bills. Eversource has protections, programs and payment plans to assist.
Assistance programs for income eligible customers include:
- Electric Assistance Program (Discount Rate). Those who meet certain income guidelines may qualify for a discount on their monthly electric bill through the Electric Assistance Program. Visit CAPNH.org or call 2-1-1 to find a local Community Action Agency and apply.
- Neighbor Helping Neighbor. Additional financial assistance for overdue bills may be available. Visit CAPNH.org.
- The New Hampshire Emergency Rental Assistance Program (NHERAP) helps eligible residents impacted by COVID-19 pay past due and future utility expenses. Customers can apply online at CAPNH.org or call 2-1-1.
All customers, regardless of financial status, can take advantage of the following programs:
- Payment Plans. All customers can enroll in a payment plan to pay a past-due balance over an extended time.
- Reduce Energy Use and Bills. Energy-saving tips, rebates and incentives on energy-saving products can be found at Eversource.com under ‘Save Money & Energy.’ There, customers can also sign up for Home Energy Solutions SM.
Call Eversource at 844-273-7760 or visit Eversource.com/billhelp. They will work with you to find the right program or option for you.
Category: Town Hall News | Source: Welfare Department | Status: Current