Winter reminders from the highway department
Posted on Tuesday, December 18, 2018
Following these few simple suggestions can make plowing our roads safer and more efficient, saving the Town thousands of dollars per year.
- Do not plow snow across, along, or into the road as this creates a hazard for motorists and removes the sand and salt from the road.
- Do not blow snow onto the road or clean vehicles of snow in the road.
- Remove all basketball hoops from the roadside.
- Do not park within 10 feet of the road.
- Snowplow markers need to be at least 3 feet from the pavement to give room for the snow to be plowed off the pavement.
- Driveway culverts are the responsibility of the homeowner (RSA 236:13). Be sure to clean before winter.
- We do our best to avoid mailboxes, but with hundreds to avoid, some fall victim to the snowplow. We will repair or replace what we damage.
- Sand is available for residents to use and is available at Moore Park.
- Please yield to snowplows when driving.
Source: Road Agent
Category: Town Hall News