2022 Summer Concert Series at the Gazebo
Posted on Thursday, May 5, 2022
Smyth Public Library will present the 11th annual FREE Summer Concert Series on eight consecutive Wednesdays beginning with the Summer Reading Program kickoff on June 22nd. The series is held at the Candia Pond Park gazebo, behind the library at 55 High Street, and will be canceled if it rains. The concerts run from 6:30-8pm.
Bring a chair or blanket for the lawn to social distance. Ice cream will be for sale and one free item per child.
Call the library at 603-483-8245 for updates, or watch our Music page at www.smythpl.org.
The Schedule (Wednesday nights from 6:30 - 8 pm)
- June 22nd- Squam Lakes Science Center presents Aquatic Critters. Water is essential for life on our planet. From marshes and ponds to lakes and rivers, aquatic communities support an amazing array of life. Join a Science Center naturalist to meet three different live animals who depend on New Hampshire’s waters. Learn about their habitats, adaptations, and populations. Come celebrate the Oceans of Possibilities Summer Reading Program.
- June 29th- Windham Concert Band. Celebrate summer classics with an array of Americana music from anthems to folk riversongs to patriotic armed forces salutes to Gershwin and Jazz to marches and dances.
- July 6th- Ed Popielarczyk presents A Magic Show. Ed is a professional magician, balloon sculptor, and flea circus ring master entertaining children and family audiences for over Thirty-five years. The magic show uses a lot of audience participation. The kids are the stars because they make the magic happen. He uses a story that revolves around each trick. The audience will be thrilled and amazed with Ed’s show.
- July 13th- Freese Brothers Big Band. Formed in 1982, the four Freese Brothers began playing music together in a family performing troupe in the 1930’s. You will hear the Count, the King, the Duke, the Chairman and the Sentimental Gentleman of Swing-Basie, Goodman, Ellington, Sinatra and Dorsey, along with updated arrangements of classic hits from Michael Buble and others.
- July 20th- Windham Swing Band. An 18-piece big band with saxophones, trombones, trumpets, bass, percussion and vocalist. The Windham Swing Band plays music from the Big Band Era to the present, featuring many familiar standards such as “Sing, Sing, Sing,” and “In the Mood.” Its ballroom dance repertoire ranges from swing, waltz, and foxtrot to cha-cha, mambo, samba, rumba, and hustle.
- July 27th- Nicole Murphy. Candia native and solo cover artist who sings new and old country music, originals, and classic rock. Even though she works alone on stage, her sound feels like she is a full band. She is a multi-award winning singer/songwriter and has touched the hearts of many people. Nicole was named 2017 NH CMA Songwriter of the Year, and was awarded the 2017 NH CMA Album of the Year.
- August 3rd- Clandestine. A Funk and Soul group based out of the Seacoast of NH whose music draws heavily on inspiration from jazz and improvisation. The band consists of Saxophonist Andrew Emanuel, Guitarist Keith Perry, Drummer Chris Salemme, and Bassist Michael Lathwood.
- August 10th- Bedford Big Band. A 20+ piece Big Band performing at events ranging from casual to black tie. From outdoor concerts to elegant dinner dances, fund raisers, weddings and anniversary parties — they do it all! Fun and stylish, truly everyone loves Swing and Big Band music! The band’s repertoire includes many of your favorite jazz and Big Band standards, Latin rhythms, waltzes, R&B, as well as some exciting contemporary arrangements that you’re sure to enjoy.
Source: Smyth Public Library
Category: Community Notices